In 1989, a dispute ensued concerning the right to fish in Nyawal pond which passed through the Kunini and Jengo villages in Taraba State, North-East of Nigeria. According to the Supreme Court which resolved the dispute over the pond in 2015, the water body ran through many communities and emptied in River Benue, one of Nigeria’s two major rivers. Dissatisfied, Sakati appealed to the Upper Area court, which in its judgment delivered on August 2, 1990, affirmed the decision river north forex system the Area Court.

Dissatisfied with the decision of the Upper Area Court, delivered in August 1990, Sakati appealed to the High Court of Taraba State. It took 17 months for the High Court to hear and deliver a judgment on the appeal. Later in the year 1992 after the panel which he headed delivered the February 13, 1992 judgment in respect of the Nwayal pond dispute, Justice Mohammed was elevated to the Court of Appeal bench. Sakati appealed to the Court of Appeal in Jos, and on July 13, 2000, the court affirmed the judgment of the appellate High Court by granting the right to fish in the pond to Bako and Bawuri. 2002, until over 13 years when the appellant filed a further amended notice of appeal on February 14, 2014. In between when the Court of Appeal delivered judgment in the case in July 2000, and February 2014, Justice Mohammed had been elevated to the bench of the apex court. On November 20, 2014, Justice Mohammed took over as the 14th Chief Justice of Nigeria as he emerged as the most senior Justice of the Supreme Court when the then CJN, Justice Aloma Mukhtar, retired.

In 1984, the Anglican Church, Lagos Diocese, filed a suit before the Ikeja Division of the Lagos State High Court, claiming ownership of a vast portion of land, at Iwaya area of the state. Iwaya community, the defendants, claimed direct purchase of the land from the Oloto chieftaincy family. It took the court 14 years to deliver judgment in the case. The victory went to the church in the judgment delivered in 1998 by the then Justice Fatai Adeyinka. In 2002, the Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal.

With 18 years already spent on the case, the Iwaya community which had lost at both the court of first instance and the Court of Appeal proceeded to the Supreme Court. In their appeal, filed in 2002 through their lawyer, Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, the appellants contended that the plaintiff before the trial court was an unregistered entity, which could not own land. They also argued that the unregistered entity could not file a case in court or be a beneficiary of the judgment of a court of law.

The apex court agreed with the appellants and nullified the judgments of the two lower courts. The judgment of the apex court, which finally settled the matter, was delivered on June 23, 2017, about 33 years after the dispute started. Of the 33 years, the matter was in the Supreme Court for about 15 years. For about 12 years the fate of the marriage between Dr. Prior to EA BOSS I needed to analyze the market 24 hours a day.